The dark yellowing discoloration is not a severe health problem, as it is caused due to shaving, hormonal imbalance, excessive sweating, accretion of dead cells and dirt, usage of certain deodorants or medications etc.
If love to wear sleeveless tops, spaghettis and strapless gowns, but the dark underarms are holding you back without wearing those favorite outfit, then you must stop suffering in silence and start taking care of your underarms to maintain it clean and bright.
You can simply try some natural home remedies for treating the dark underarms, instead of using skincare products to lighten your dark underarms.
How Apple Cider Vinegar works to Lighten Dark Underarms:
- Apple cider vinegar is having very rich content of acids such as amino acids, alpha hydroxyl acids and malic acids that help to exfoliate the skin and also it will be clearing dead skin cell that dissolves the fat deposits in the skin and lessen the scars.
- The properties of apple cider vinegar such as antibacterial, antiseptic and antimicrobial will be killing the bacteria that are causing body odor and clears dirt, overload oil and other impurities are causing dark discoloration on the skin.
- Apple cider vinegar is helping to restore the skins pH balance which in turns will be helping to put off the unnecessary dryness or oiliness.
- Apple cider vinegar is having an astringent property that will tighten the skin pores and unclogs it, to reduce the darkness of the skin.
- It makes the armpits area smooth and also it reduces the fowl skin texture.
Home Remedies to use Apple Cider Vinegar to lighten your Dark Underarms
The following are some home remedies and methods to use apple cider vinegar to lighten your dark underarms.
1 Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar alone is an effectual remedy to treat the dark armpits and smelly underarms, as it working as a natural deodorant as well.
How to Use:
- Take a cotton pad and pour some raw, organic apple cider vinegar.
- Apply this vinegar directly on over clean armpits areas with the same cotton pad.
- After applying it leave it like that only without washing your armpits and wear your clothes after drying this apple cider vinegar.
- For good results repeat it daily.
2 Armpit Scrub using Apple Cider Vinegar
The mixture of the baking soda and cider vinegar will exfoliate the skin to remove the dead cells, oiliness, toxins etc, which will be contributing to the discoloration of the armpits and lightens the skin slowly but surely.
How to Use:
- Take 1 teaspoon of baking soda and mix it with apple cider vinegar in a bowl.
- As soon as you mix it, it starts to fizz and when this fizzing stops, at that time you can apply it as a paste on your armpits.
- After applying the paste scrub it gently for few minutes and then you can take a bath.
- From good and quick results repeat this armpit scrub daily to enjoy the light and even tone armpits.
3 Apple Cider Vinegar with Coconut oil
Coconut oils help to lighten your dark underarms with its rich contents of antimicrobial, saturated, anti-inflammatory, fatty acids and vitamin E that is helping your skin to nourish and also lightens your dark underarms.
- Take a bowl and mix 2 tablespoons of coconut oil with apple cider vinegar.
- Now spread this mixture on your clean underarm skin and wait for 20 to 25 minutes.
- After the waiting time is completed then you have to wash the underarm area with lukewarm water followed by the cool water.
- For good result repeat the same process once daily to achieve the lighter underarms.
4 Apple Cider Vinegar with Water
Apple cider vinegar with water is one of the simplest methods to get relief from the dark armpits. In this method, the water will be reducing the acidic nature of the apple cider vinegar and this is the best remedy that is widely used by the people with dry or sensitive skin.
How to Use:
- Take 1 cup of water and mix 2-3 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar.
- Now stir this well and use this same water to rinse your underarms.
- Once it is rinsed on your underarms you have to wait for 5 minutes and take shower.
- Repeat it daily until you get rid of dark and smelly armpits.
5 Using Apple Cider Vinegar as Underarm Spray:
The process of using apple cider vinegar as the underarm spray will tone up your underarms and thus you may lighten your dark underarms. The combination of the apple cider vinegar and rose water will soothe the skin; it will be clearing the dark discoloration and dead cells of your skin.
- Take ½ cup of rose water add few drops of Lavender essential oil and add 3-4 teaspoons of the apple cider vinegar.
- Now stir this well and pour this mixture into an empty spray bottle.
- After pouring it into a spray bottle, spray it on your underarms before bedtime and leave it over a night.
- For good results make sure to shake the spray bottle before using it.
Tips and Precautions:
- To grab the best benefits of apple cider vinegar that has mother content benefits, one should always use organic, raw, and unfiltered apple cider vinegar.
- While stepping out in the sun always apply sun block or sunscreen, as this apple cider vinegar may increases the skin’s sensitivity to the sunlight.
- If any one of you is using apple cider vinegar for the first time then make sure that you will perform a skin patch test to find out if you are allergic to this apple cider vinegar or not.
- Always avoid using of the harsh chemical which is based on antiperspirants and deodorants, instead of other deodorants you can use some natural deodorants.
- You have to wear loose cotton or any other fabric, which absorbs your underarms sweat, as wearing tight clothes causes fabrication and thereby it appears the areas darken.
- While you are going to for a shower to remove the dead cells and other impurities that are causing this dark color to your armpits make sure to exfoliate the skin.
- Instead of going for shaving or using hair removal creams, you must prefer for waxing. Waxing will be helping you to remove the dead cells and also other impurities on the skin.