We all suffer from hair shedding to some extent. It’s a common problem that seems almost impossible to avoid due to a lot of different factors. Unfortunately, some of us find it very difficult to get rid of this problem, and that’s when it becomes very important to be a little serious about this issue.
It’s completely okay to lose 50-100 hair strands per day, but if you lose anything more than that, you should start taking it a little seriously. Fighting the problem early can be very helpful too. It can’t only stop the problem, but can even promote the new growth.
In this write-up, we are going to highlight the amazing benefits of black seed oil, (also known as Black Cumin Oil or Nigella Sativa Oil) for hair and how it can be a powerful natural remedy for hair fall and baldness.
What is Black Seed Oil:
Seeds of Nigella Sativa, a flower from Middle East, Southwest Asia, and Eastern Europe, also commonly known as black cumin, black onion seeds, black caraway, and kalonji. Black seeds are being used for medicinal purpose for thousands of years. There are already a lot of evidences about their benefits in case of allergies, asthma, headache, diabetes, arthritis, intestinal worms, and weight loss etc.
Nowadays, these little seeds are also used in numerous beauty and hair care products. Thymoquinone, the anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant compound of the oil can successfully fight bacterial and fungal infections.
Contents of thymoquinone like proteins, alkaloids, and saponins etc. can combat the hair fall and can even promote new hair growth.
There are a lot of different methods of using Kalonji for hair growth, but here are a few recipes which can do wonders in a very quick time. Let’s find out more.
Black Seed Oil recipes to combat hair fall:
Black Seed Oil Oil Hair Treatment:
Massaging your hair only with kalonji oil can boost your hair growth by stimulating the hair follicles. In addition, thanks to the essential nutrients, it can nourish your scalp to produce healthy and thick hair.
- 2 tbsp cumin seeds oil
Steps to follow:
- Take 2 tbsp oil in your palm and rub it for a few seconds.
- Apply the oil properly on your hair, focusing the area affected with baldness.
- Make sure you apply the hair perfectly through the hair roots and tips.
- Leave the oil for about half an hour and wash with your routine shampoo.
- Follow the procedure two to three times a week.
Black Seed Oil with Olive Oil:
If you have oil hair, this is the most suitable combination for you. Olive oil is an excellent natural hair conditioner and it softens your hair and makes it smooth. Olive oil can also fight with hair problems like breakage and split ends, and can promote new growth. If combined with black seed oil, it can get rid off dandruff, making your scalp clean and smooth.
Ingredients you need:
- 1 tbsp black seed oil
- 1 tbsp olive oil
The process to follow:
- Mix both the ingredients in a bowl.
- Massage your hair thoroughly, focusing the areas affected mostly with the hair loss.
- Cover whole scalp thoroughly with the mixture working through the roots and tips.
- Keep the oil on your hair for half an hour and then rinse off with a mild shampoo.
- Repeat the process three times a week.
Black Seed Oil and Coconut Oil:
The combination is suitable for those who have normal hair. Coconut oil can easily penetrate through the scalp and can nourish the hair follicles and shafts. When used with kalonji oil, it becomes a very effective remedy for hair growth.
What you need:
- 1 tbsp black cumin oil
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
The process to follow:
- Mix both the oils properly in a bowl and microwave them for a couple of minutes (If you don’t have a microwave, you can also use the stove).
- Keep the mixture aside until it gets a little colder.
- Apply the combination on your hair and work through the entire length.
- Leave it for half an hour and then go for the bath.
Cumin Seeds Oil and Castor Oil:
This preparation is more suitable for people having dry hair. Castor oil has always been known as a growth-booster. It is loaded with antibacterial and antifungal properties. In addition, the castor oil is also rich in proteins, minerals, vitamin E, and omega-1 and 2 fatty acids. All these qualities of castor oil make it a potent hair remedy. And when it is combined with cumin seeds oil, it can become even more effective.
- 1½ tbsp cumin seeds oil
- ½ tbsp castor oil
Steps to follow:
- Combine both the oils in a small bowl.
- Massage your scalp thoroughly, targeting the area mostly affected with baldness.
- Leave the oil for at least 20-30 minutes and then wash off with a mild shampoo.
- Follow these steps three times a week.
Black Seed Oil with Lemon
Rich in vitamin C, lemon improves the collagen levels in the scalp. The acidic property of lemon can also balance the pH level of scalp. Using it with black seed oil can help you to successfully combat problems like hair fall and baldness.
Ingredients You Will Need:
- 2 tbsp black seed oil
- Juice of one medium-sized lemon
Tips to Follow:
- Massage your scalp thoroughly with lemon juice.
- After 15 minutes, wash your hair with a mild shampoo.
- Allow your hair to dry and then massage with kalonji oil for a few minutes.
- Massage through the entire length of hair including roots and tips.
- Leave the oil overnight and wash of in the morning.
These are some powerful kalonji oil recipes for hair fall and baldness. All of them are equally effective and works perfectly for people of all ages. Depending on your choices, hair type, and the availability of the ingredients, choose any of these recipes and get back your self-esteem. Good luck with your efforts to get your beautiful hair back.