One of the popular petroleum jelly brands is Vaseline. Vaseline is a mixture of minerals and beeswax that are easily spreadable and the main ingredient of Petroleum.
Vaseline is used for many things and recently has been discovered that Vaseline can be used to cure acne. It is safe to say that unlike other forms of petroleum jelly, Vaseline is safe to use on your skin and hands.
In case of acne, you need to lubricate your skin in order to help your skin barrier repair itself; otherwise, more acne and breakouts will emerge on your skin.
How to use Vaseline to remove acne from the face?
- One of the easiest ways to use Vaseline to break acne is applying a thick layer of Vaseline on your acne and washed off your face after 10-15 minutes. It not only removes acne, however, it also smoothens your skin and reduces the pimple marks and redness.
- Another way is by applying a layer of Vaseline on your acne and leave it overnight. Wash your face from lukewarm water, and you’ll see a reduction in acne and its redness.
Additional benefits of Vaseline for your face
- Removes eye makeup: Vaseline easily and gently dissolves almost any kind of makeup. Vaseline is also good at removing waterproof mascara.
- Locks in moisture: To restore the natural level of moisture and softness of your face apply a layer of Vaseline before you go to sleep. Vaseline helps in locking the moisture on your face without harming your face skin.
- Heal minor cuts and scrapes: Vaseline forms a protective layer that seals the area of your skin where you apply it. Moreover, it keeps the bacteria from attacking a wound that is working to heal.
- Protects chapped lips: Vaseline is mostly used to heal and protects chapped lips, which usually happens due to change in weather. Vaseline protects the sensitive skin around the mouth and lips.
- Grooms and style eyebrows: Apply a thin layer of vaseline to smoothen the hairs of your eyebrows as well as put them into place. This helps you to style your eyebrows in whatever shape you desire.
Vaseline for different skin tones
- Dry Skin: Vaseline is very effective in dry skin because of its occlusive properties. Vaseline also helps to soothe the skin as well as it is safe to use in the area around your eyes.
- Oily Skin: Even though, vaseline is effective on oily skin, however, the heavy and greasy feeling of vaseline may not be comfortable. Vaseline also seal soils that are one your skin whenever you apply it on your skin.
- Sensitive Skin: A person with sensitive skin has to be extra careful while applying anything on their face or body. Vaseline is one such thing that people with sensitive skin can freely use, as it has no harmful effects when used on sensitive skin.
For a majority of people, vaseline is a safe and pocket-friendly way to lock moisture into your skin. Even if you suffer from some skin conditions such as psoriasis or rosacea, vaseline is safe to use.