Arthritis! It is very common condition seen mostly in old people. This is not a single disease, it is just an informal way of referring joint pain or joint diseases. People of all ages, sexes can do have arthritis, according to several studies more than 50 million adults and more than 300,000 children have been affected by this disease every year.
Whatever may be the condition or disease, the ultimate solution for anyone is prescribed medications with some little side effects. Many people aren’t aware of complete benefits of many natural ingredients that can even give us relief from a tough condition like arthritis in our life.
Two of such ingredients called carrots and turmeric which are helpful and effective in treating arthritis easily.
In this article, we are going to learn about wonderful carrot and turmeric soup which is not only healthy and tasty, it also helps to fight against arthritis and prevent it completely.
Before that just have a look on the benefits of turmeric and carrots.
Benefits Of Ingredients
(Image Source: www.theeconomist.com)
Carrots are one of the healthiest vegetable loaded with many nutrients, vitamins and minerals that offers many health benefits. This vegetable is also rich in vitamin A and beta carotene which are often believed to fight against inflammation caused by arthritis.
(Image Source: www.organicauthority.com)
Often, turmeric is known as one of the ancient herb which contains anti inflammatory, anti bacterial, anti septic and anti viral properties that protect our skin and health in many ways.
This golden spice isn’t just for curries, the active component called cur cumin helps to block certain enzymes and cytokins in our body that leads to inflammation.
The cur cumin is also beneficial in treating many inflammatory diseases, depression and even cancer, according to several studies.
The combination of both carrot and turmeric works perfect in treating arthritis completely. It is even healthy and loaded with fresh flavors.
How To Prepare Turmeric And Carrot Recipe
- 4 medium sized carrots, cut into half inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric
- One table spoon of olive oil
- One small red onion
- 2 teaspoons of grated ginger
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- ½ teaspoon of lemon pepper
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- One tablespoon of lemon juice
Directions To Prepare
- Take a medium saucepan and heat one table spoon of olive oil on medium heat. Then add carrots, onion, turmeric, ginger and season it with salt and pepper.
- Let it cook for 5-7 minutes on medium heat, until all becomes soft.
- Now, add broth and lemon juice to remaining ingredients and let it boil on medium flame.
- Cook until the carrots and broth become tender for about 15-20 minutes.
- Add this cooked meal in a blender and blend it until you get a smooth soup.
- Serve it in a bowl and enjoy having it every day to see excellent improvement in your body too.