Girls are surrounded by lots of problems, apart from selecting dress, hair style, shoes and accessories; you must keep your face free from annoying dark spots. Like many things, God Almighty had gifted with natural remedies to fade them. Nutrients in sandalwood can efficiently lighten the appearance of dark spots.
Also known as hyperpigmentation, dark spots are often caused by age, hormonal imbalance, unbalanced diet and life style. Because of your busy schedule you can’t reach spas every day to combat dark spots, moreover they’re not recommended by beauty experts as they involve more chemical ingredients.
Sandalwood has prominent space in Indian culture, apart from rituals; sandalwood has been used extensively to obtain supple and radiant skin. Its aroma makes your day and gets you out of stress. Antibacterial and antioxidants activity of this mask restrain infectious bacteria and thwart free radicals.
Rich nutritional profile of sandalwood attracted Indian cosmetic industries, now you can see many beauty products including sandalwood to allure their customers. However, homemade raw sandalwood mask has immense benefits.
- Prolonged exposure to sun rays affects the production of melanin, which results in dark patches at different places of your skin. Anti-tanning activity of this natural remedy helps to clear complexion and protects from harmful UV rays.
- Lack of nutritious food and few external factors results in premature aging wrinkles. Topically massaging your face with sandalwood face mask or with its oil will enhance cell regeneration and fade wrinkles.
- It exfoliates dead cells, impurities and excess oil from the skin making it soft and supple.
- Chronic skin diseases like acne and eczema can be reduced by anti-inflammatory property of this face mask.
- Most of the skin disorders like itching, redness, minor burns, blackheads and inflammation can be reduced by sandalwood.
How to Use Sandalwood for Dark Spots?
One of the easiest ways is add some distilled water or rosewater to sandalwood powder and apply the paste over prewashed face.
To make it more effective, you can add other ingredients like milk, turmeric, lime and any essential oil with sandalwood powder.
Blend sandalwood powder with required amount of raw milk in a bowl. Wash your face with lukewarm water and pat dry. Apply the mask all over the face evenly including neck and forehead. Leave it to dry naturally and rinse it off.
Alternatively, you can mix a pinch of turmeric powder with sandalwood powder and milk. You can use this thick paste over acne blemishes as a spot treatment.
Note that excess use of turmeric powder may result in yellow stains on your skin. Anyhow, they will disappear in few hours.
Other natural ingredients that you can blend in this powder are honey, lemon juice and essential oils. Remember to include nutrients in your diet and drink enough water.
Let us know how you’d like to use sandalwood for dark spots.