You love or hate them, they’ll hit you. Stretch marks are cosmetic concern, which can’t be treated permanently. But wait, may be you can lighten their appearance using aloe vera for pregnancy stretch marks.
Marriage initiates the change in your life and pregnancy accomplishes it. Your schedule, sleeping time, eating and freedom everything is going to new from now. Like your lifestyle your body will undergo drastic change. Excess weight gain or loss is common during pregnancy, but sadly they are accompanied by stretch marks.
Reports say that 8 out of 10 women get these vertical lines during pregnancy and 4 out of 10 boys get stretch marks.
Your skin starts stretching with increase in weight. Because of excess stretching, the dermis layer breaks at different parts leaving weird lines over the skin. Initially, they appear in red or purple color and gradually changes to silver white.
Breasts, thighs, abdomen and buttocks are most common areas where stria appears. Experts say that you can only fade their appearance and can’t treat them permanently. Cosmetic creams and lotions are expensive and may irritate your skin. Comparatively, natural remedies have no or less side-effects.
You can topically use aloe vera to get rid pregnancy stretch marks. Aloe gel is renowned healing home remedy. Wide range of nutrients and minerals in this innate substance enhance collagen production and lightens the appearance of scars.
Benefits of aloe vera gel
- Essential nutrients in aloe gel heal burns, blemishes, cuts, injuries and fade stretch marks.
- Assorted properties in this gel helps to repair damaged dermis layer and lighten the appearance of lines.
- It hydrates your dry skin and can help you to get rid of itching.
- Your skin easily absorbs this gel and vitamins in the gel enhance collagen production.
- Anti-oxidant activity repair skin cells and regenerate new cell. It also thwarts free radicals.
- Regular application will not only fade stretch marks but prevent them from occurring in future.
- Anti-septic agents packed in aloe vera gel fastens the healing of cuts and other minor injuries.
- Topical application of aloe gel helps in replenishment of skin cells.
- On the whole it increases skin’s elasticity.
How to Use Aloe Gel for Stretch Marks?
1. Aloe gel
Extract aloe gel by peeling its skin. Keep it under water to remove mud on the gel. Slice the gel into small pieces.
Before applying it, wash the affected part with water and pat dry. Gently rub the gel over the skin and leave it to dry. Repeat this process regularly.
2. Aloe vera and lemon juice
Properties in lemon juice lighten the scars over your skin. But, excess use of lemon may irritate your sensitive skin.
- Take 2 teaspoon of aloe gel and 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
- Apply this mixture over prewashed skin and leave it to dry naturally
3. Aloe vera gel and coconut oil
Mix ½ cup of aloe gel with ½ cup of coconut oil in a bowl. Optionally, add 2-3 drops of any essential oil.Heat the mixture for about 10-12 minutes and then apply it over skin after cooling.
4. Aloe vera and coffee ground
- Take 2 table spoon of coffee ground and 2 table spoon of aloe gel and mix it well.
- Apply this paste on the stretch marks and give a circular motion massage.
- Allow it to sit for 15-20 minutes and then wash away.
- Repeat this every alternate day.
5. Aloe vera and olive oil
- Take 1/4 cup of aloe vera gel along with 1/4 cup of olive oil and give it a mix.
- Apply this mixture on stretch marks and massage it for few minutes.
- Let it remain over night and take shower next morning.
6. Aloe vera and honey
- Mix 2 table spoon of aloe vera gel along with 1 tea spoon of honey and a tea spoon of almond oil.
- Apply this on the stretch marks and leave it for about 30 minutes.
- Then wash away with lukewarm water.
You can use other natural ingredients with aloe vera gel to fade stretch marks.
Note: Consult your doctor before using any home remedy