Your hands will tell many things about you and anything can ruin at first impression. Like unmanucured nails and white spots on it can lower your confidence in certain situations.
White spots on nails are commonly seen in everyone and they aren’t harmful or cause any pain to your hands or legs. They may be caused by many factors both physical and chemical, depending on the reason it can be treated equally.This article shows natural home remedies to treat white spots on finger nails without any side effects.
What Is leukonychia?
Leukonchia is a condition which shows white spots on your finger or toe nails. This is not much a medical concern.There might be many reasons for the occurrence of white spots on nails. Some of them are shown below.
Causes Of White Spots on Nails
The following are possible causes for the occurrence of white spots on your nails.
- The major cause of white spots on finger nails is any injury or damage of a nail.
- Vitamin deficiency
- Severe medical conditions
Home Remedies To Treat White Spots On Finger Nails
These are simple and easiest home remedies that deal with white spots on your nails.
1. Coconut Oil
Coconut oil is one of the best remedy to treat any type of skin infection. If white spots occur due to any fungus, then application of coconut oil regularly will help you to get rid of these annoying spots on your nails The anti fungal properties in coconut oil will prevent the fungus from your hands and make it more beautiful than before.
- Take little amount of coconut oil and apply it regularly on your nails, you can see beneficial results within a week.
2. Lemon Juice
The citric acid in lemon juice will work effectively to treat all type of fungal infections which results in the cause of white spots on finger nails. Lemon juice also helps in preventing spreading of fungus. Direct application of lemon juice is more effective.
- You can also mix little amount of lemon juice with olive oil and massage your nails with this mixture, it will help to get rid of these white spots.
- Do it regularly until you see the results you want.
3. Baking Soda
Being an exfoliate it helps to treat any type of skin infections along with white spots on your nails.
- Mix half cup of baking soda with half cup of hydrogen peroxide and ½ cup of Epsom salt in 4 cups of hot water. Finally add ½ cup of vinegar in it.
- Once the solution is warm enough to touch, then dip your nails in this solution and keep it for few minutes and wrap a cotton cloth to your hand after removing it from solution.
- Do it regularly for a week, then you will see changes in your nails.
4. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is rich in anti fungal properties which help you to remove or prevent those white spots completely from your finger nails.
- Mix equal amount of water and vinegar in a bowl and keep your hands in this solution for about 10-15 minutes. Once the time is up remove your nails from the solution and let it dry.
- Inhibit the habit of cleaning your nails with apple cider vinegar, it benefits you in numerous ways.
Many people aren’t aware that onion has the capability to treat various skin infections both internally and externally. It acts as natural treatment for nail fungus. This is one of the easiest ways to get rid of white spots on your finger nails.
- Slice a onion and rub it on the affected areas, regularly. The results may surprise you after a week.
Yogurt contains anti fungal properties that help you to remove white spots from your finger tips due to the presence of natural elements called microbes.
- Soak your hands in a bowl of yogurt and let it remain for more than 10-15 minutes.
- Then wash it off with normal water. Do it regularly for good results.
Garlic is most effective ingredient among many others, the anti fungal and anti inflammatory properties in garlic will help to prevent white spots on your nails.
- Take little amount of garlic paste and apply it on your finger nails. Now cover your nails with a fine cloth, so that garlic works more effectively.
- Once the paste is dried remove the cloth and wash it with lukewarm water.
8. Vitamins And Minerals
Vitamins and minerals plays major role in maintaining our overall health. White spots on nails may occur due to vitamin deficiency, so it’s better to have vitamins and mineral rich foods in your regular diet which might help you to keep away from many health issues.