Brown spots, dark spots, or hyperpigmentation mainly caused by age, sun exposure. These may not be harmful to your health; however, thy sure make you feel ugly. Almost everyone wants to get rid of them sooner than later.
Major factors that contribute to dark and brown spots are:
- Constant exposure to peak sunlight
- Hormonal imbalance
- The certain medication also causes brown spots
There are many ways to get rid of these brown spots such as:
- Home remedies
- Professional treatments
However, all these treatments take weeks to months depending on the darkness level of spots.
Here are five simple ways to easily get rid of brown spots.
1. Lemon juice
Lemon juice contains natural bleaching properties as well as it also contains vitamin C that helps with depigmentation. In some cases, lemon juice doesn’t remove the brown spots, however, lighten the dark areas. Rub the freshly squeezed lemon onto your dark spots and leave it for roughly 10-12 minutes before rinsing. Keep in mind; never step out in sun with lemon juice on as it might result in opposite results.
2. Mask of Papaya with Lemon juice and Honey
Papaya contains alpha hydroxyl acid and this element is used in many acne and spots cleansers available in the market. Follow the steps given below to use papaya for your brown spots:
- Cut a papaya
- Remove seeds and skin of papaya
- Cut a little less than half and put it in a blender
- Add water so it blends smoothly
- Once you blend it, add one tablespoon of honey and lemon juice
- Apply the mixture on the spots and leave it for 30 minutes
- Wash the area thoroughly with lukewarm water
- Apply the moisturize (whichever you prefer) on the washed area
- Do this for two-three times in a week for best results
Also Read: Simple Trick To Remove Brown Spots From Your Skin
3. Use a power cleansing brush
Nowadays, there are many special power-cleansing brushes to exfoliate your skin without any kind of chemicals. These brushes deeply clean and get the top layer of dead skin off, which leads to brown spots. Use this brush two-three times a week with a face cleanser, rubbing it over the area for two-three minutes. Keep in mind, to maintain the health of brush, clean its head with hot soapy water after every use.
4. Use sunscreen
You may be able to lighten or remove the spots using different methods. If you don’t use sunscreen to protect your skin, these spots might appear again. Therefore, it is necessary to apply a thin layer of sunscreen with SPF 30 or higher to those body areas that are open to sunlight, such as:
- Face and Neck
- Legs ( in case you wear shorts or knee-length dresses)
Apply a thin layer of sunscreen with SPF 30 or higher to protect your skin from harmful UV rays.
5. Use a Peel-Off Mask
Now, many peel-off masks are available in the market, depending on your face skin type. Such masks also come for every body part to remove brown spots. After use apply a thin layer of cream as your skin will be a little sensitive after the use of such masks.
Also Read: How to Treat Brown Spots on Fiddle Leaf Fig Leaves