Rosemary is used for many purposes and is highly valued in Rome, Egypt and Greece. It is used for medical issues like digestion, blood circulation, pain relief and even for skin and hair issues.
According to several studies rosemary is beneficial in treating respiratory issues, cancer prevention and treatment as well as for gut health. Rosemary oil has got antimicrobial and antioxidant properties that helps in dealing with many health problems.
Rosemary essential oil is one of the best way to treat hair fall problem. Modern science have agreed that rosemary is one of the valuable herb that can give you lustrous hair as well as healthy scalp. It is also helpful in reversing hair loss caused by androgen in young men and women.
Rosemary For Hair loss
Rosemary can be used to treat hair loss problem in a number of ways. Make sure to consult your doctor before using these remedies for hair loss.
1. Rosemary And Jojoba Oil
(Image source: www.indiamart.com)
- 10-12 drops of rosemary oil
- 30 ml of jojoba oil or aloe vera gel
How to use:
- Take a small jar bottle and mix rosemary oil along with jojoba oil or aloe vera gel mixed in 30 ml of water.
- Give a thorough mix to this.
- Take few drops of this solution and then apply it on your scalp, 2-3 tablespoon will be enough.
- Keep it for at least 6-8 hours before washing.
- It is best suitable to apply at night.
- If you have mixed aloe vera gel then do store it in fridge and use within a week.
The above mentioned remedy is perfect as a time tested way for refreshing your hair and scalp. For oily hair, this can be used two times a week. For dry hair dont use it too often. Try and experiment what works for you.
2. Rosemary And Apple Cider Vinegar
(Image source: mindbodyandsoul1010.blog)
- Half a cup of fresh rosemary sprigs
- One fourth cup of dried rosemary leaves
- A cup of apple cider vinegar
- Two cups of water
How to use:
- First of all you need to steep fresh rosemary in vinegar for about 2-3 weeks. Keep it in mason jar with plastic lid. After 2-3 weeks you will notice that rosemary will lose its bright green color and the solution giving herbal fragrance.
- Remove the rosemary sprigs and keep it aside, now you need to prepare decoction of dried rosemary.
- Take 2 cups of water and add dried rosemary to it, boil this together until water comes down to half. Allow it to cool down and then strain the solution.
- Add this decoction to the vinegar and label the jar with date. This can be stored up to 1 year at room temperature. For best results use this within 3-4 months.
- Take 4-5 tablespoon of this mixture and then massage on your scalp. Keep it for few minutes and then take shower.