As we know apple cider vinegar is used from centuries to treat many health issues across the world. This wonderful ingredient is also included in many medical products for relief from health issues. Do you know it is also helpful in treating diabetes and blood pressure?
Yes, due to many beneficial properties hidden in this wonderful and amazing ingredient, it will help you to get rid of diabetes and blood pressure.
Well, this article covers what is apple cider vinegar in brief, how it is helpful in controlling diabetes and blood pressure, how much amount of apple cider vinegar should be taken to treat these conditions and finally is it really beneficial to our body or not.
Excited to know all these answers, then read on the article to know every bit of information about apple cider vinegar.
What Is Apple Cider Vinegar?
Apple cider vinegar is nothing but vinegar made from original apples, sugar and yeast. This is generally considered as super power ingredient loaded with anti inflammatory, anti bacterial, anti septic and anti fungal properties and used in many medicines and beauty products.
Like most vinegar, apple cider vinegar is also stored for weeks and months in which sugar is broken down.
Apple Cider Vinegar For Diabetes
Diabetes is one of the chronic condition faced by many people around the world. However, maintaining perfect and healthy diet and following regular exercise plays crucial role in eliminating diabetes.
Several studies have concluded that drinking a little amount of apple cider vinegar before meals every day for two times will control your blood sugar levels and keeps you healthy.
I will tell you how they control blood sugar levels.
The hormone called insulin is responsible for regulating blood sugar levels in our body; if this hormone doesn’t produce enough amounts of sugar levels then it leads to condition called diabetes.
People with type 1 diabetes will not have capability to produce this hormone and the people with type 2 diabetes will not produce enough amount of insulin in their body. Between these two stages people can also develop another condition called prediabetes where they have high blood sugar levels but the diabetes cannot be diagnosed.
A study revealed that apple cider vinegar have the capability to reduce blood sugar levels and have good impact on cholesterol with or without diabetes.
Apple Cider Vinegar For Type 2 Diabetes
According to a research, the people with type 2 diabetes will have high amount of carbohydrates in their diet which will make hard for sugars to eliminate from their body.
According to a study on people with type 2 diabetes, consuming 2 table spoons of apple cider vinegar every day before going to bed and after meals have found drastically change in their blood sugar levels in the morning.
This finding suggests apple cider vinegar will help you to reduce blood sugar levels. This is because acetic acid in apple cider vinegar will slow down the conversion of complex carbohydrates into sugar in the blood stream.
Apple Cider Vinegar For Type 1 Diabetes
Consuming apple cider vinegar for the one with type 1 diabetes is harmful. Because people with type 1 diabetes have complication in digesting food that means the food will remain in the stomach for abnormally long period without being digestion.
This condition may occur due to gastroparasis or delayed gastro emptying. The delay in digestion makes it harder for the body to maintain blood sugar levels.
The best way to maintain exact blood sugar levels is just by maintaining healthy and balanced diet along with regular exercise.
How Much Apple Cider Vinegar Should Be Taken
- The best and one of the easiest ways to consume apple cider vinegar is with water. Mix a table spoon of apple cider vinegar in a glass of water, you can also add a table spoon of honey to increase the flavor and drink it before going to bed every day.
- You can also take apple cider vinegar with any one of your favorite drink. Never take this drink on empty stomach; it might result in raising other health issues.
- Apple cider vinegar are also available in capsules, if you choose to drink liquid type and it should be taken exactly 15 minutes before your meals that means three times in a day to control diabetes.
- If you are one of those people who suffer with acid reflux and gastro intestinal problems, then consume apple cider vinegar with a teaspoon of baking soda to cut down the acidity.
- Consuming little amount of apple cider vinegar every day, will allow your body to increase the production of nitric acid which helps to relax blood vessels and benefit the cardiovascular system, this often results in lowering high blood pressure.
Do You Face Any Side Effects After Consuming Apple Cider Vinegar?
No, it has been medically proven that there are no side effects by consuming apple cider vinegar regularly. But never consume apple cider vinegar which is undiluted. It is always suggested to be taken in small quantity.
Even though apple cider vinegar is a natural remedy used from ancient days for anything from cold and flu to blood sugar and cholesterol. It is also helpful to treat many health problems and this powerful ingredient is packed with raw enzymes and powerful bacteria which often results in improving digestion, balance hormones, reduce cholesterol and high blood pressure.
Apple cider vinegar for diabetes and blood pressure treatment should be included along with the combination of healthy lifestyle with clean eating and regular exercise.
Always consult your doctor before including apple cider vinegar in your regular diet.
- Instead of consuming two table spoons of apple cider vinegar with water, you can also include this ingredient in your salads, sauces, soups and marinades.
- It is not recommended to consume undiluted apple cider vinegar, because it may lead to stomach irritation or damage to the tooth enamel.