Having dark underarms is not the worst thing, but it can be a reason for embarrassment for some people. You may think twice before flaunting your body in those sleeveless dresses if you have dark underarms.
You might feel nervous while enjoying the much-awaited beach vacancy. In short, dark underarms can stop you from being who you are! Then,
what’s the last-minute solution? How can you start wearing your favorite dresses with confidence again? Well, you may find a dozen answers, but baking soda for dark underarms can be the ultimate solution.
How to Lighten Underarms Using Baking Soda?
Honestly speaking, there is no scientific proof of baking soda as an effective remedy for dark underarms.
However, being skin-friendly and alkaline, baking soda can help your skin whitening, that too, without disturbing your skin’s PH level. Instead, baking soda works effectively on your skin and soothes it naturally.
It is often used as an exfoliant to get rid of dead skin cells from under the skin. And these are enough reasons to make baking soda an effective dark underarms treatment.
Baking Soda Recipes for Dark Underarms
- DIY Baking Soda and Water Scrub
As said earlier, baking soda can be handy to lighten your dark armpits. It can quickly fade dark spots away and other marks from the skin due to its bleaching properties. Here is how you can use baking soda with water.
Ingredients You Need
- 2 tbsp of baking soda
- 1 tbsp of water
Steps to Follow
- Add water to baking soda to form a consistent paste.
- You can adjust the quantity of water according to requirements.
- Apply the paste evenly under your arms and massage for a couple of minutes.
- Baking soda and coconut oil for dark underarms
You may have dark underarms due to prolonged skin dryness. And coconut oil is considered among the best skin moisturizer.
Also, thanks to its antibacterial and antifungal properties, coconut oil can keep skin infections away. You can easily overcome the problem of dark underarms by applying it with sodium bicarbonate.
- Stir together 2 tbsp each of coconut oil and baking soda to get a fine paste.
- Apply properly under the arms and leave for about ten minutes.
- Splash with fresh water before drying off with a clean cloth.
- Follow these steps every day for a month to see the results.
- Lemon and Baking Soda to lighten underarms
The bleaching prowess of lemon is very well known. Not only that, lemon juice is packed with other skin benefits too.
Regular use of lemon juice alone can help you to start flaunting your armpits again. And when you use it with baking soda, the effectiveness just gets doubled.
- Add one tbsp lemon juice to one tbsp baking soda.
- Prepare a fine paste by mixing correctly.
- Apply on the dark areas under your arms and leave for fifteen minutes.
- Wash off with fresh water and pat dry.
- Both lemon and baking soda are slightly acidic. Hence, we recommend you to use a gentle moisturizer.
- Repeat this treatment twice a week for desired results.
- Baking Soda and Orange Juice
Orange juice is very good at maintaining your skin’s pH level. Thanks to high vitamin C concentration, orange juice also improves the collagen production, which improves your skin’s appearance.
Combining these properties of orange juice with the cleansing and exfoliating prowess of baking soda can be proved a decent dark underarm treatment.
- Add two tbsp freshly squeezed orange juice to one tbsp baking soda.
- Mix properly to ensure suitable consistency.
- Lather your armpits and pat dry with a towel.
- Massage the dark areas with the mixture and leave for five minutes.
- Wash and pat dry again.
- Repeat these steps thrice a week for great results.
- Tomato and Baking Soda for Dark Underarms
Tomato juice is packed with a decent enough amount of vitamin C and different antioxidants. It works as a natural bleaching agent and can help you to get rid of the darkness of your armpits.
Applying tomato juice with baking soda can make your armpits brighter and radiant. Besides, the combination can also control excessive pigmentation, dark spots, and dullness of the skin.
- Mix one tbsp each of baking soda and freshly squeezed tomato juice.
- Rub under your arms for a couple of minutes before leaving for about ten minutes.
- Remove the mixture with cold water and pat your underarms dry.
- Repeat this method twice a week to notice the difference.
- Turmeric and baking soda for dark underarms
Turmeric is very good at restoring your natural glow as well as improving the tonicity of the skin.
Turmeric contains potent anti-inflammatory and antioxidant known as “curcumin,” which is known for its skin benefits, including skin complexion and skin brightening.
Using turmeric powder with baking soda can be proved mighty effective if you are struggling with dark armpits
- Mix two tbsp each of turmeric powder and baking soda.
- Add enough water to make a fine paste.
- Now, apply gently under your dark arms.
- Leave for ten minutes, splash some water, and pat dry.
- Repeat this process regularly until you see some improvement.
- Baking Soda and Honey
Honey is one of the best natural antioxidants being applied to the skin for centuries.
Thanks to its powerful antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties, honey can also be one of the most potent dark underarm home remedies.
It is also among the most capable natural moisturizers and can enhance your skin’s complexion. And you can always double its efficiency of honey by combining it with baking soda.
- Merge one tbsp honey with one tbsp sodium bicarbonate.
- Blend uniformly to get a stable mixture.
- Spread under your armpits and keep it on for about fifteen minutes.
- Flush with fresh water and take a towel to pat dry.
- If you have itching under your arms, you can use honey as a mild scrubber.
- Ensure the repetition for a few days for best results.
- Epsom Salt and Baking Soda to Lighten Underarms
If you have inflammation with darkness under your arms, Epsom salt can be the best option.
Epsom salt penetrates your skin very easily and removes the dead cells from under the skin. As a result, it can improve the skin darkness quite effectively.
Applying Epsom salt with baking soda can help you overcome hyperpigmentation, one of the apparent causes of dark underarms.
- Prepare a fine paste by adding one tbsp each of baking soda and Epsom salt with enough water.
- Apply evenly on the dark spots and wear for about twenty minutes.
- Cleanse with lukewarm water before patting your skin dry.
- Adding some Epsom salt to your bath water can be very useful as well.
- Cucumber and Baking Soda Scrub for Dark Underarms
Thanks to its caffeic acid and vitamin C contents, cucumber is used as a scrub for various skin problems. It contains a lot of water and can reduce irritation and inflammation of your skin.
Cucumber improves your skin’s hydration and helps you fight abnormal skin darkness. Preparing a scrub with cucumber and baking soda might be useful to manage dark underarms.
- Cut a small cucumber into thin slices.
- Grind these pieces in a grinder, ensuring you still have some tiny cucumber pieces.
- Now, add two tbsp of baking soda with enough water to get a thick consistency.
- Cover your armpits with this mixture and leave for about half an hour.
- Go for the shower like you usually do.
- You can try this treatment every other day for half an hour before going for a shower.
- Olive Oil and Baking Powder for Dark Armpits
Extra virgin olive oil is packed with decent skin lightening effects. Olive oil is effective in controlling over-pigmentation, as well as controls tissue damage due to various external factors.
If used regularly, olive oil can also reduce skin wrinkles, darkness, as well as inflammation. What more? Olive oil is among the best natural bleaches, antibacterial agents, and skin exfoliator.
Using olive oil with baking powder can be proved surprisingly effective to eliminate the darkness of armpits.
- Mingle 4 tbsp olive oil with 2 tbsp baking soda.
- Make a fine paste by mingling them properly.
- Apply under your arms with black areas.
- Keep the mixture on for about one hour before washing off with fresh water.
- Use this formula thrice a week to see the results.
- Carrot Seed Essential Oil and Baking Soda to Lighten Underarms
If you are annoyed with dark underarms for quite a while now, carrot seed oil may be proved handy. It contains a lot of beta-carotene and can assist you in your efforts to deal with hyperpigmentation. Using carrot seed essential oil with baking soda may help you get your natural skin color back.
- Make a fine paste by combining these two ingredients with the required water.
- Massage your armpits with the mixture before leaving for about half an hour.
- Remove the mixture with fresh water and pat dry.
- Repeat these steps for a few weeks or until you see improvement.
- Baking Soda and Sandalwood Essential Oil
Sandalwood essential oil is popular for its miraculous skin lightening, skin clearing, and skin whitening properties.
It contains numerous skin lightening agents and can successfully overcome abnormal skin darkness.
Thanks to its other prospects like anti-inflammatory, antiseptic, and astringent properties, sandalwood essential oil may help you get the best out of baking soda to lighten underarms.
- Make a fine paste by adding enough water to two tbsp baking soda.
- Add together 10 to 12 drops of sandalwood essential oil.
- Now, apply gently under your armpits and leave for around twenty minutes before going for a shower.
- Apply this aromatic composition for three to four months and start expressing the best of you again.
- Baking Soda and Rose Water
Due to its remarkable anti-inflammatory properties, rose water can be proved handy in various skin conditions, including dark armpits.
Rosewater can control hyperpigmentation, dermatitis, and other causes of the darkness of underarms.
Hence, it can be a potent companion for baking powder for dark armpits.
- Add two tbsp baking soda to a few drops of rose water.
- Make a decent paste by adjusting the rose water quantity.
- Cover your armpits with the paste and leave for ten to fifteen minutes.
- Splash some water to remove the paste and pat the armpits dry.
- Finish with rose water as a gentle moisturizer.
- Follow the process twice a day for three weeks and assess the change.
- Baking Soda and Glycerin for Dark Underarms
As we said earlier, dryness of the skin may be among the prominent causes of dark underarms. And glycerin can go a long way when it comes to retaining the moisture.
Glycerin also heals tissue damage due to different reasons, including bacterial infection, prolonged sweat, and other external stimuli.
You can elevate the effectiveness of glycerin by combining it with baking soda to lighten dark underarms.
Here is How
- Prepare a thick paste by mixing these two ingredients in a bowl.
- Apply the paste to dark armpits and leave for fifteen minutes.
- Wash off with freshwater or go for the shower.
- Try repeating this method twice a week for promising results.
- Baking Soda and Milk Scrub
Topical application of raw milk can help to overcome unwanted tans and hyperpigmentation.
Thanks to its lactic acid content, milk can’t only lighten your skin but can also remove the dead cells from under the skin.
And combining it with baking soda can give you a potent remedy for dark underarms.
- Add one tbsp baking soda to enough fresh, raw milk, and make a consistent paste.
- Apply the paste under your arms.
- Scrub it for a while and let dry for ten minutes.
- Flush some lukewarm water for proper and gentle removal of the mixture.
- Repeating this gentle dark underarm treatment four times a week should be helpful.
Having dark underarms is not a huge concern, and you don’t have to sweat out heavily to get rid of it either.
These are some very effective, as well as safe baking soda treatments for dark underarms. Hopefully, you now have multiple ways of finally overcoming dark armpits.
Share your journey of treating dark armpits to inspire a lot of other people.