Now a day’s dry hair is a common problem that is faced by the men and women of all ages. Generally dry hairs are caused when your hairs strands do not obtain sufficient moisture or are unable to keep hold of the moisture. There is lack of moisture that makes your hairs appear rough, dull, fizzy and lifeless.
Dry climate, using harsh shampoos, swimming in chlorinated water and heated styling tools are some factors that can be causing your hair dry. If you are using commercial conditioners and shampoos, then these will make your hairs even more frizzy and dry. Egg is natural ingredient that is very helpful for treating your dry hairs.
Dry and damaged hairs will be leading to many hair problems and even dry hairs also results in hair loss. There so many cosmetic hair products those are adding moisture to your hairs but in an extensive sprint, but these cosmetic hair products will also make your hairs dry, damaged and dull.
So you must always prefer to use natural home remedies for treating your hair problems without losing your hair.
Egg for Dry and Damaged Hair
We all know that eggs are enriched with the proteins and those proteins are called keratin, which are essential for getting proper hair growth. The benefit of egg proteins to your hair growth is good and both egg white and egg yolk are beneficial for the healthy hair growth.
The following are the benefits of egg for dry and damaged hairs.
- Egg yolk is having healthy fatty acids that are very helpful for your dry hairs to moisture and it will also rehydrate your hairs.
- Egg yolk is effectively closes to open the cuticles and then it smoothen your dry, rough and frizzy hair.
- In egg yolk, it has Vitamin A content which is very helpful for the production of sebum in your scalp that in turns make your hairs and scalp moisturize.
- Eggs are enriched with the proteins that are effectively used to strengthen your hair follicles and thus it prevents the dandruff and breakage which is caused due to the dryness of your hairs.
- Eggs are having essential vitamins B & E complex that will be improving the blood circulation and boost the oxygen supply to the hair, which in turns helps to invigorate the dry and dull hair.
- Egg white is containing the bacteria eating enzymes which will be helping you to cleanse your scalp and hairs scrupulously to prevent the further damage to the hairs and also it prevents dandruff.
How to Use Eggs for Dry Hair?
Here are some of the most excellent ways of using eggs for treating your dry, frizzy and damaged hairs. The following are the remedies of egg for dry and damaged hair.
Using egg without any other ingredient is a primary method that uses only egg to moisture your hair and it will clear the hair problems. You can moisturize you dry and damaged hairs by using egg mask. The following is the remedy of egg mask for dry and damaged hair.
- Take a bowl, break 2-3 eggs in it and comprehensively beat it till it forms frothy.
- Apply this egg mix all over your hairs and scalp with a wet hand and start massaging it.
- Make safe your hairs with a cap and let it sit for about 45-60 minutes.
- Once the 45-60 minutes waiting time is completed then rinse your hairs thoroughly with cool water and mild shampoo.
- For good results continue doing the same process regularly for 2-3 times in a week.
Note: if anyone want to try this remedy but you are getting unpleasant smell form an egg then you can add few drops of lemon juice to the egg mix before applying this mix to your hair and scalp. Lemon juice will help to strengthen your hair strands and it is also reducing the smell of an egg.
2 Egg with Yogurt:
Egg with yogurt is an effective remedy for moisturizing your hairs and scalp. Yogurt is having lactic acid in it, which will exfoliates the scalp and moisturizes your hairs with its protein and fat content. The combination of egg and yogurt will nourish your hairs and prevents your hairs from the breakage and it is also giving strength to your weak or dry hair strands.
- Take a bowl, whip up an egg and mix 2-3 teaspoons of plain yogurt in it.
- Apply this mix on all over your hair and scalp.
- After applying it secure it with a shower can and leave it for an hour.
- Once the 1 hour is completed then you can rinse your hair thoroughly with cool water and mild shampoo.
- Follow the same process twice in a week for good results and to get rid of this problem.
Note: If you want to use raw full-fat milk instead of yogurt on your wet scalp and hair you can use. Repeat this at least 3 times in a week for good result.
3 Egg Hair Pack with Olive Oil:
Olive oil is having the rich content of vitamins (A & E) in it and also it has some antioxidants that are helping a lot in protecting the keratin in the hair strands. Thus it moisturizes and nourishes your hairs.
- Take a bowl and whisk an egg in it by using fork.
- Add 2 teaspoons of extra virgin olive oil in it and stir well.
- Now apply this mix on all over your damp hairs by massaging it softly for 5 minutes.
- After massaging for 5 minutes cover your hair with a shower cap and wait for 1 hour.
- Rinse off this mixture with cold water and mild shampoo.
- For good result repeat it regularly till you get alleviate from the problem.
Note: you can also use organic coconut oil instead of olive oil, which is also having enriched vitamins with fatty acids that are very good for moisturizing your hairs. It also prevents the breakage by binding with the hair proteins.
One more way is you can simply mix properly whipped 3 eggs yolks in ½ cup of olive oil and add 1 cup of mayonnaise, after adding this stir well for few minutes. Now you can spread it all over your dry hair and secure it with a plastic shower cap and leave it for 10 minutes. At last rinse off with cold water after 10 or 20 minutes.
4 Egg Hair Pack with Honey:
The combination of honey with egg hair pack is very special remedy for your hair. Honey exhibits humectants property which attracts moisture from the surroundings. It also traps the moisture in the hair shafts to prevent dry or fizzy hair. This combination is helping your hair to hydrate the hair follicles and also it is preventing your hairs from the damage.
- Take a bowl and break 2 eggs in it.
- Whisk it thoroughly and add ½ cup of raw honey into it.
- After adding honey stir it well and spread this mix all over your damp hair and scalp by massaging it for 5 minutes.
- Now cover your hair with a plastic shower cap and leave it for 1 hour.
- After waiting for 1 hour now you can rinse off your hair with cold water and mild shampoo.
- Repeat this same process at least 2 times in a week for good result.
Note: you can also use 2 teaspoon of castor oil in egg and honey mix. Apply it on all over your hair and leave it for 30-45 minutes. Then you can rinse off it cold water. Same process will also prevent you hairs from dryness, frizzy and itchy scalp.
5 Egg Mask with Avocado:
Avocados are having good quality of monounsaturated fatty acids, which are penetrating into your hair cuticles and moisturizing your hairs to prevent your hairs from the dryness and damages. The high levels of Avocado vitamins strengthen your hair at the cellular level and also it help to repair the dryness.
- Take a grown avocado and cut it into two pieces.
- Now scratch out the soft tissue from inside the avocado and mash it with a fork.
- Take an egg break it and add it to mash avocado pulp.
- Now mix these ingredients using a spoon.
- Apply this mixture on all over your wet hair and scalp.
- Secure your hair with a plastic shower cap and wait for 1 hour.
- Then rinse your hair with mild shampoo and cold water.
- Repeat the same procedure for 3 to 4 times in a week for good results.
Note: you can also use a mashed grown banana instead of using avocado in this remedy and then you can rinse your hair after waiting 40 minutes to keep your hair hydrated, shinny and smooth.