With models flaunting luscious hair for media promotion, teenage girls desire for the enticing look. Instead of chemical incorporated hair products, you can obtain luster hair with egg white lemon hair mask recipe.
Nutrients in both lemon and egg white are prominent, as they are packed with exceptional benefits for health and skin. This amazing combination can hydrate your dry scalp and control pH level.
I’ll stop here and let you know that only egg white lemon mask will not improve your hair. As a matter of fact you must internally include nutritious diet and supply essential vitamins to your hair through diet.
Benefits of Egg White and Lemon for Hair
People, who regularly travel, know that hair is exposed to wind, impurities and pollutants. These external things make your hair and scalp dry. When you don’t take care to hydrate them at night, itching and other scalp issues trigger resulting in hair loss or weak hair.
Also read: Fenugreek for hair growth
- As mentioned above, egg white hydrates your scalp and tightens hair follicles, which helps to control excess sebum production.
- Lysozyme, an enzyme housed in this mask will thwart bacteria and germs. This property helps to treat dandruff.
- Like nails and skin, hair is made of a protein. Proteins in egg white mask helps in hair growth and repair damaged cells.
- Potassium, b-vitamins and magnesium residing in eggs avoid premature aging signs.
- People with oily hair must use lemon egg white recipe. Like egg white lemon also controls excess sebum production.
- Antiseptic property packed in lemon helps to kill bacteria and treat dandruff issues.
- Vitamin C in lemon juice improves elasticity of hair and thwarts free radicals that steal oxygen.
- Citric acid in lemon juice strengthens hair follicles and promotes hair growth.
Egg White Lemon Hair Mask Recipe
Before applying hair mask, wash your hair to remove impurities and hair dye if applied. When the hair is still damp, apply the hair mask.
- Take 1 egg white and 1 tablespoon of lemon juice.
- Mix the ingredients in a bowl.
- Take hair brush and apply evenly on the scalp and hair.
- Cover your head with shower cap or any unused cloth.
- Leave it to dry naturally for about 20-30 minutes.
- Use cold water to rinse the hair mask.
- Optionally, you can blend yogurt and castor oil with the above recipe.
- If you don’t have brush, don’t worry. You can use your clean hands to massage your hair like your do with normal oil. Section your hair to make sure your hair is packed with hair.
- In order to make it easier to apply beat the egg for 3-4 minutes until it gets foamy stiff peaks.
- Apply this hair mask before taking shower, so that the hair will be washed thoroughly.
- Do not use hot water to wash your hair, this can change the texture of mask as it contains egg white.
Apart from egg white and lemon mask there are some other hair masks that gives your hair perfect look.
Honey and Egg White Hair Mask
Honey and egg white hair mask is an excellent remedy to make your hair smooth, shiny and glossy. Egg white is a natural conditioner of your hair as it contains proteins that will lock the moisture in hair strand and makes it look more shiny that before.
Honey on the other hand also has conditioning properties that makes hair cuticles smoother and shinier. With the usage of honey there are lesser chances of breakage or damage of hair.
- Take a tablespoon of honey and one egg white.
- Mix both the ingredients well and then apply it thoroughly.
- Cover the hair with shower cap
- Leave it for about 15-20 minutes and then wash away with cold water.
- Always use raw or organic honey as it gives best results.
- Do not use too much of honey as it will be difficult to wash due to stickiness.
- You can store this mask in fridge for 3-4 days. Check it before applying, if it smells then throw away.
Egg White and Coconut Oil Hair Mask
Coconut oil boosts the hair growth and stimulates hair follicles as it contains essential vitamins, minerals and fatty acids. Coconut oil easily penetrates deep into the scalp and nourishes it.
- Take one egg white and one table spoon coconut oil
- Mix the ingredients with the help of a whisk or fork
- Now apply it evenly all over the scalp and hair
- Use either a brush or apply with your hand
- Cover the hair with a shower cap
- Allow it to sit for about 30 minutes then wash with cold water
- Even though egg white doesn’t smell bad like egg yolk but still you need to wash your thoroughly.
- Adding too much of coconut oil will make your hair greasy.
- Use mild shampoo